Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

Edublogger: Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

I started following Kristen's blog (Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching) right after she Skyped in with us. I always respected what she had to say and she is clearly a very motivated and resilient new teacher. I think that she has done an amazing job incorporating technology into her classes. She has had the kids design their own PLNs, they have a classroom blog, and more! All in a relatively low-tech division.

This particular post regarding PLNs might come in handy for some of us that our coming up to that tech task: http://misslwholebrainteaching.blogspot.ca/2014/02/classroom-blog-development-of-our-pln.html.

I benefited as a science teacher from a post she made about activities that she had used for Mitosis and Meiosis. Another recent post, for which I really commend her for, celebrate the 2 year anniversary of her blog. I can't express to you how many times I have started writing in a journal or something of the like and I never finish it. The last half always remains empty. I think it is incredible the Kristen had been able to maintain her blog and successfully integrate technology into her classroom- all as a first year teacher!

Great work Kristen! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

1 comment:

  1. Katelyn,

    Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support; I am so thrilled to be featured as your edublogger! I've read through many of your posts and have enjoyed seeing your progress as you've made your way through the course. I shared your blog and post on my blog and hope you continue to blog as you go into student teaching!

    Best wishes,

    Kirsten

    http://misslwholebrainteaching.blogspot.ca/2014/03/share-love.html

    ReplyDelete